Improve Heritage Policies
Communities built prior to 1946 are facing the greatest redevelopment pressure. New planning policy supports greater lot coverage and smaller setbacks. This type of redevelopment could lead to the tear down of heritage.
Ask Councillors to improve heritage policies by limiting the building envelope to be sympathetic with older architecture and streetscapes.
Send this letter: March 21st
- The text in the letter below can be modified, if you wish.
- Please replace "Dear City Council" with "Dear Councillor XXX, Ward #XX" (the name of your Councillor and Ward number).
- Make sure to add your name, email and street address.
- Check "BCC Yourself" box if you wish to have a copy - check your Spam or Junk Mail folder if it doesn't appear in your inbox.
- Your letter will be sent to the Mayor and all Councillors.
- Click the "I'm not a robot" button and once that process is completed, click "Send Email." Once you do, an email will automatically be sent to your Public Submissions for inclusion in the package given to Councillors for March 22nd.
- In order for your letter to be included in the Corporate Record, as part of the minutes to the Council meeting for March 22nd, 2021, please follow these instructions. After sending your email, you should receive a reply from Public Submissions asking you to confirm that you have read and agree to the FOIP information provided in their email and that your name, contact information and comments will be made publicly available as part of the Minutes and be published at www.calgary.ca/ph. It is your choice to reply with your consent. If you do not reply, your submission will be treated as a confidential document (pursuant to Section 17 [Disclosure to personal privacy] of the FOIP Act) and will not be visible to the public or posted on www.calgary.ca/ph.
If you are unsure of your Councillor or Ward, please see: https://www.calgary.ca/citycouncil/wardboundarymap.html
Heritage Policies Letter Mar 2021
This letter is now closed.
End date: Mar 22, 2021
Signatures collected: 103